Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry will join the growing list of singers and entertainers serving as guest judges on season 9 of American Idol, EW.com has learned exclusively. Sources close to the show say Lavigne and Perry will each spend one day critiquing singing hopefuls when the show films its callback audition episode in Los Angeles; the latter singer was confirmed as an Idol sub several weeks ago, but had not been scheduled. Other names confirmed to fill the seat formerly held by Paula Abdul during season 9 include Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Neil Patrick Harris, Shania Twain, Kristin Chenoweth, and Joe Jonas.
Posted September 1 2009 — 11:40 PM EDT
- Ruby Rose blasts Kanye West in defense of Taylor Swift
- New 'Halo' toys, figures, and more coming from Mattel
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Big Bang Theory,' 'TWD,' 'Blindspot,' and more
- See an exclusive Valentine's Day clip from the new horror anthology 'Holidays'
- Behold! The original 6 survivors of 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller talks likes and dislikes and the best advice he got from David Fincher
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle pleads guilty to drunk driving