Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry will join the growing list of singers and entertainers serving as guest judges on season 9 of American Idol, EW.com has learned exclusively. Sources close to the show say Lavigne and Perry will each spend one day critiquing singing hopefuls when the show films its callback audition episode in Los Angeles; the latter singer was confirmed as an Idol sub several weeks ago, but had not been scheduled. Other names confirmed to fill the seat formerly held by Paula Abdul during season 9 include Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Neil Patrick Harris, Shania Twain, Kristin Chenoweth, and Joe Jonas.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis on present (two Tribeca films), past ('SNL'), and future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' dream sequence
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!