Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry will join the growing list of singers and entertainers serving as guest judges on season 9 of American Idol, EW.com has learned exclusively. Sources close to the show say Lavigne and Perry will each spend one day critiquing singing hopefuls when the show films its callback audition episode in Los Angeles; the latter singer was confirmed as an Idol sub several weeks ago, but had not been scheduled. Other names confirmed to fill the seat formerly held by Paula Abdul during season 9 include Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Neil Patrick Harris, Shania Twain, Kristin Chenoweth, and Joe Jonas.
Posted September 1 2009 — 11:40 PM EDT
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' director reveals early design for Star-Lord's mask
- Idris Elba has 'nothing constructive to say' about Bond speculation
- Ava DuVernay responds to 'Gods of Egypt' casting apology
- Chrissy Teigen, more stars react to Planned Parenthood shooting
- 'Batman v Superman' star Henry Cavill adopts a bat named Ben
- James Wan shares new set photos from 'The Conjuring 2'