Cate Blanchett suffered a bleeding head injury during a performance of A Streetcar Named Desire in Sydney on Tuesday night, the AP is reporting. After the 40-year-old Oscar winner was accidentally struck by a prop radio, she attempted to continue the scene until she realized she was bleeding. At that point the performance was cancelled and the audience was asked to leave the theater. Blanchett is expected to return for Thursday evening’s performance of Streetcar.
Posted September 2 2009 — 1:47 PM EDT
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- 6 show-stopping highlights from 'VH1 Divas: Unsilent Night'
- Twitter's #MakeABandLazy helps musicians settle in for a nap
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big