In the fractious future of Gamer, videogames have ”gone human,” with real live blood-sport warriors controlled by geeks with joysticks. The sickest of these games is Slayers, in which death-row inmates kill each other off in a noisy orgy of skip-stutter editing and dirty-ash-spattered explosions. It’s The Dirty Dozen meets TRON, updated for the age of action incoherence. As the brutish Kable, Gerard Butler must find out who’s pulling his strings, but it’s the audience whose chain gets yanked by this headache-inducing techno-violent mishmash. D
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Gerard Butler, Michael C. Hall, Alison Lohman, Amber Valletta; Director: Mark Neveldine, Brian Taylor; Author: Mark Neveldine, Brian Taylor; Release Date Wide: 09/04/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 95; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted September 2 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jerry Seinfeld announces Beacon Theater residency for 2016
- 'Inside Out,' 'The Good Dinosaur' lead Annie Awards nominations
- Rambo TV series in the works at Fox
- Best of 2015 (Behind the Scenes): Patrick Dempsey says goodbye to McDreamy
- Aziz Ansari on the diversity in 'Master of None': 'That's kind of my reality'
- Carrie Underwood trots barefoot through the woods in new video for 'Heartbeat'
- Luke Bryan, Demi Lovato, Wiz Khalifa, and Charlie Puth to perform on 'Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve'