Warner Bros. has hired Guy Ritchie (Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels) to direct Lobo, a live-action adaptation of the DC Comics bounty hunter story, according to Variety. The film, which is set to start production early next year, will follow Lobo – a seven-foot tall, blue-skinned alien (no, he’s not one of James Cameron’s Na’vi) – as he travels to Earth to track down four fugitives. The film will be Ritchie’s follow up to Sherlock Holmes, which stars Robert Downey Jr. and arrives in theaters on Christmas Day.
Posted September 2 2009 — 5:09 PM EDT
- Watch the first 8 minutes of Cameron Crowe's 'Aloha'
- Listen to this amazing Ryn Weaver song right this second
- Box office preview: 'San Andreas' to rock the box office
- Joan Rivers exhibit coming to the Grammy Museum
- A.R. Gurney's dog-friendly 'Sylvia' headed to Broadway
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Ruth Ware's 'In a Dark, Dark Wood'
- Woman covers Eminem's 'Lose Yourself' in sign language