Warner Bros. has hired Guy Ritchie (Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels) to direct Lobo, a live-action adaptation of the DC Comics bounty hunter story, according to Variety. The film, which is set to start production early next year, will follow Lobo – a seven-foot tall, blue-skinned alien (no, he’s not one of James Cameron’s Na’vi) – as he travels to Earth to track down four fugitives. The film will be Ritchie’s follow up to Sherlock Holmes, which stars Robert Downey Jr. and arrives in theaters on Christmas Day.
Posted September 2 2009 — 5:09 PM EDT
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday
- Carey Mulligan praises Jennifer Lawrence’s wage gap essay
- Taylor Swift fan meets singer before losing her hearing
- See Slash play the national anthem with USC's marching band