Madonna has set a new record for the top-grossing tour by a solo artist, reports Reuters. According to data from concert promoter Live Nation Inc. — with whom she signed a 10-year, $120-million deal in 2007 — the singer’s “Sticky & Sweet” tour raked in $408 million by entertaining more than 3.5 million fans at 85 shows. The previous record-holder? Madonna. In 2006, her 60-show “Confessions” tour banked $194 million from 1.2 million fans. The “Sticky & Sweet” tour, which finished Wednesday in Israel, featured bigger venues and more dates.
Posted September 2 2009 — 11:25 PM EDT
- Tim Miller on his 'Deadpool 2' exit: 'Don't believe what you read'
- Carrie Fisher feels 'guilty' over publicity of Harrison Ford affair
- Dwayne Johnson has been milking his 'Sexiest Man Alive' title at home
- Kirk Douglas celebrates 100th birthday with lavish party
- Kesha delivers emotional 'Billboard' Trailblazer award speech
- Dwayne Johnson surprises military family and makes Jimmy Fallon cry
- Kids explain the story of Christmas for Jimmy Kimmel