The courage of Judy Shepard is almost unfathomable. It’s been more than 10 years since the brutal murder of her son Matthew, a 21-year-old University of Wyoming student who was killed because of his sexual orientation. Now, honoring his story in a way only a mother could, Shepard shares all, from the life her son led (including their own sometimes-strained relationship) to his tragic death and the undeniable impact he had on the world. Shepard writes with unwavering honesty, devoting the right amount of time to each part of her story. The Meaning of Matthew is not always an easy read — the murder details are harrowing — but her message prevails: Tolerance and love must always triumph over hatred. A
The Meaning of Matthew The courage of Judy Shepard is almost unfathomable. It's been more than 10 years since the brutal murder of her son Matthew, a 21-year-old ...The Meaning of MatthewFiction, NonfictionJudy Shepard The courage of Judy Shepard is almost unfathomable. It's been more than 10 years since the brutal murder of her son Matthew, a 21-year-old ...2009-09-04Hudson Street
Genre: Fiction, Nonfiction; Author: Judy Shepard; Publisher: Hudson Street
Posted September 4 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alan Taylor says there are answers to 'Terminator Genisys' questions -- they're just not in the movie
- Miguel disses Frank Ocean... again
- Jack White's Dead Weather returns with new album
- Henry Cavill: ‘Batman v Superman' an 'expansion' of 'Man of Steel' world
- Inside Amazon's edgy romantic comedy 'Catastrophe'
- Chris Tucker's Netflix stand-up special: Watch new trailer
- 'Legend of Korra' creator previews new 'Threadworlds'
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!