The courage of Judy Shepard is almost unfathomable. It’s been more than 10 years since the brutal murder of her son Matthew, a 21-year-old University of Wyoming student who was killed because of his sexual orientation. Now, honoring his story in a way only a mother could, Shepard shares all, from the life her son led (including their own sometimes-strained relationship) to his tragic death and the undeniable impact he had on the world. Shepard writes with unwavering honesty, devoting the right amount of time to each part of her story. The Meaning of Matthew is not always an easy read — the murder details are harrowing — but her message prevails: Tolerance and love must always triumph over hatred. A
The Meaning of Matthew The courage of Judy Shepard is almost unfathomable. It's been more than 10 years since the brutal murder of her son Matthew, a 21-year-old ...The Meaning of MatthewFiction, NonfictionJudy Shepard The courage of Judy Shepard is almost unfathomable. It's been more than 10 years since the brutal murder of her son Matthew, a 21-year-old ...2009-09-04Hudson Street
Genre: Fiction, Nonfiction; Author: Judy Shepard; Publisher: Hudson Street
Posted September 4 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Beyoncé birthday wishes from Gwyneth Paltrow, Blue Ivy, and more
- See Kevin Bacon's sweet anniversary tribute to Kyra Sedgwick
- Idris Elba addresses James Bond casting speculation
- Jimmy Fallon thanks Madame Tussauds for making a wax figure of Grumpy Cat
- Chris Evans on more Captain America: 'If Marvel wants me, they got me'
- Alison Brie offers unqualified dating advice on 'The Tonight Show'
- Jimmy Fallon plays 'Family Feud' on 'The Tonight Show'
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!