The courage of Judy Shepard is almost unfathomable. It’s been more than 10 years since the brutal murder of her son Matthew, a 21-year-old University of Wyoming student who was killed because of his sexual orientation. Now, honoring his story in a way only a mother could, Shepard shares all, from the life her son led (including their own sometimes-strained relationship) to his tragic death and the undeniable impact he had on the world. Shepard writes with unwavering honesty, devoting the right amount of time to each part of her story. The Meaning of Matthew is not always an easy read — the murder details are harrowing — but her message prevails: Tolerance and love must always triumph over hatred. A
The Meaning of Matthew The courage of Judy Shepard is almost unfathomable. It's been more than 10 years since the brutal murder of her son Matthew, a 21-year-old ...The Meaning of MatthewFiction, NonfictionJudy Shepard The courage of Judy Shepard is almost unfathomable. It's been more than 10 years since the brutal murder of her son Matthew, a 21-year-old ...2009-09-04Hudson Street
Genre: Fiction, Nonfiction; Author: Judy Shepard; Publisher: Hudson Street
Posted September 4 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Grace of Monaco' screenwriter live tweets Lifetime premiere
- A$AP Rocky dropped his new album at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!