A young couple suspect their house is haunted. So they film their bedroom, hoping for answers. What they find is…freakin’ terrifying. That’s the plot of Paranormal Activity, a Blair Witch-like flick that’s had horror fans in a state of crazed anticipation since its January ‘08 screening at the indie film fest Slamdance. When (when?!) would they get to see the movie said to be the scariest in a decade? The answer: this fall. Paramount is still firming up plans, but all signs indicate that the $11,000 thriller will kick off with a handful of midnight screenings, possibly as early as Sept. 25. That’s good news for horror buffs. But to the faint of heart: Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Posted September 4 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Pioneering stand-up comedian Adrianne Tolsch dies at 78
- Jennifer Hudson's 'Hairspray Live!' performance had celebs cheering
- Relive 'Hairspray Live!' with all the best GIFs
- Jennifer Lopez teases 'Bye Bye Birdie,' NBC's next live musical
- Kristin Davis thinks the 'Sex and the City' story is 'not finished'
- The Weeknd will perform on 'The Voice' season finale
- 'Jeopardy!' contestant dies from cancer week before her episode airs
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot