Terry Gilliam’s The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, which features Heath Ledger’s final performance, will make its U.S. premiere at the Hamptons Film Festival Oct. 11, Variety reports. Ledger had shot only the “real world” scenes in the film before he died on Jan. 22, 2008, so Gilliam cast Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell to play his role in each of the different worlds where his character travels. Parnassus made its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival and will play at the Toronto Film Festival this month.
Posted September 8 2009 — 9:09 AM EDT
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big