Jeffrey Dean Morgan, last seen as The Comedian in Zack Snyder’s Watchmen, will be returning to the action genre in MGM’s remake of Red Dawn. He is in final negotiations to portray Lt. Andrew Tanner, the role played in the original by Powers Boothe. However, whereas in the original Boothe played a fighter pilot shot down behind enemy lines, in the remake Morgan’s Tanner will be a special forces leader, operating behind enemy lines. Production on the film starring Chris Hemsworth and Josh Peck as the leaders of a group of teenagers who band together to fight back against an invasion by Chinese and Russian soldiers has already begun in Michigan. It will open next September. Morgan is currently filming The Losers for Warner Bros.
Posted September 14 2009 — 12:27 AM EDT
- Emma Caulfield's TV Diary: Warming up to 'This Is Us'
- Are these the best opening title sequences of all time?
- Please watch Kevin Hart’s reaction to this cat
- 'The Leftovers' creators announce third and final season premiere month
- Erika Girardi defends 'RHOBH': 'It's not just a bunch of bitches'
- 'The Vacationers' author Emma Straub plans to open Brooklyn bookstore
- Critics' Choice Awards 2016: Who should win Best Actor?
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans