The Other Man is self-conscious, overproduced, overacted Euro-marital hoo-ha in which a husband (Liam Neeson) uncovers the existence of another man (Antonio Banderas) in the life of his wife (Laura Linney), who disappears one day. So naturally, the cool, tweedy husband snoops around by establishing a friendship with the hot, brilliantined, unsuspecting lover. Chess is played. Flashbacks are flashed. Red high-heeled footwear is involved, as is travel to Lake Como — lucky actors! For a much better use of Neeson and Linney as Mr. and Mrs., check out Kinsey. C?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Antonio Banderas, Liam Neeson, Romola Garai, Laura Linney; Director: Richard Eyre; Author: Richard Eyre; Release Date Limited: 09/25/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Image Entertainment
Posted September 15 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: 'Stranger Things' kids share their Upside Down theories
- Joss Whedon shares which Avenger he’d pick as president
- 'Game of Thrones': Emilia Clarke bares teeth with her 'dragon pack'
- Herschell Gordon Lewis, horror's 'godfather of gore,' dies at 87
- William Friedkin set for 'French Connection' anniversary screening
- WATCH: 'The Voice' coaches go head-to-head on game night
- 'Westworld' releases trippy new poster