The Other Man is self-conscious, overproduced, overacted Euro-marital hoo-ha in which a husband (Liam Neeson) uncovers the existence of another man (Antonio Banderas) in the life of his wife (Laura Linney), who disappears one day. So naturally, the cool, tweedy husband snoops around by establishing a friendship with the hot, brilliantined, unsuspecting lover. Chess is played. Flashbacks are flashed. Red high-heeled footwear is involved, as is travel to Lake Como — lucky actors! For a much better use of Neeson and Linney as Mr. and Mrs., check out Kinsey. C?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Antonio Banderas, Liam Neeson, Romola Garai, Laura Linney; Director: Richard Eyre; Author: Richard Eyre; Release Date Limited: 09/25/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Image Entertainment
Posted September 15 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ryan Reynolds pranked Blake Lively while she was in labor
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Josh Groban is a womanizing guitarist on 'Life in Pieces'
- James Corden sent his parents to cover the Super Bowl
- 'Black Mass' captures the madness and minutia of being Whitey Bulger
- See 'The Brothers Grimsby' red-band trailer featuring Bill Cosby joke
- Marvel reveals exclusive Chicago Comic Con show poster
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: Jared Padalecki joins cast
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere