The Other Man is self-conscious, overproduced, overacted Euro-marital hoo-ha in which a husband (Liam Neeson) uncovers the existence of another man (Antonio Banderas) in the life of his wife (Laura Linney), who disappears one day. So naturally, the cool, tweedy husband snoops around by establishing a friendship with the hot, brilliantined, unsuspecting lover. Chess is played. Flashbacks are flashed. Red high-heeled footwear is involved, as is travel to Lake Como — lucky actors! For a much better use of Neeson and Linney as Mr. and Mrs., check out Kinsey. C?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Antonio Banderas, Liam Neeson, Romola Garai, Laura Linney; Director: Richard Eyre; Author: Richard Eyre; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Image Entertainment
Posted September 15 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt