The Other Man is self-conscious, overproduced, overacted Euro-marital hoo-ha in which a husband (Liam Neeson) uncovers the existence of another man (Antonio Banderas) in the life of his wife (Laura Linney), who disappears one day. So naturally, the cool, tweedy husband snoops around by establishing a friendship with the hot, brilliantined, unsuspecting lover. Chess is played. Flashbacks are flashed. Red high-heeled footwear is involved, as is travel to Lake Como — lucky actors! For a much better use of Neeson and Linney as Mr. and Mrs., check out Kinsey. C?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Antonio Banderas, Liam Neeson, Romola Garai, Laura Linney; Director: Richard Eyre; Author: Richard Eyre; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Image Entertainment
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Fantastic Four' trailer arrives with hints of Doom
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis: Now (Tribeca), then ('SNL'), future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!