The Other Man is self-conscious, overproduced, overacted Euro-marital hoo-ha in which a husband (Liam Neeson) uncovers the existence of another man (Antonio Banderas) in the life of his wife (Laura Linney), who disappears one day. So naturally, the cool, tweedy husband snoops around by establishing a friendship with the hot, brilliantined, unsuspecting lover. Chess is played. Flashbacks are flashed. Red high-heeled footwear is involved, as is travel to Lake Como — lucky actors! For a much better use of Neeson and Linney as Mr. and Mrs., check out Kinsey. C?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Antonio Banderas, Liam Neeson, Romola Garai, Laura Linney; Director: Richard Eyre; Author: Richard Eyre; Release Date Limited: 09/25/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Image Entertainment
Posted September 15 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Trevor Noah jokingly defends Rupert Murdoch’s Ben Carson tweet on 'The Daily Show'
- James Blake performs aching cover of Simon & Garfunkel 'The Sounds"So of Silence'
- Jack Black discusses overcoming substance abuse as a teenager
- Cate Blanchett barely holds it together for bit with Stephen Colbert
- How 'Bridge of Spies' burns with Steven Spielberg's childhood fears
- British soap 'EastEnders' casts Riley Carter Millington as transgender character
- New York Comic-Con reacts to 'Lucifer' pilot: 'A delightful surprise'