Future Dancing With the Stars contestant Tom DeLay has injured his foot, according to his Twitter account. The former House Majority Leader posted this message today: “Old age is catching up to me, may have a stress fracture in my foot. no worries, it’ll take more than that to keep me off the dance floor!” A rep for the show confirms the politician has a foot injury, and that doctors will have the final say on whether or not the politician can indeed return to the dance floor in time for season 9’s Sept. 21 premiere. “What he says on his Tweet about wanting to continue is very much the case,” the rep says. “We’ve had folks with this sort of injury before be able to go forward.”
Posted September 15 2009 — 6:34 PM EDT
- Christina Applegate on turning down 'Legally Blonde': 'What a stupid move'
- The Chilean miners disaster story comes alive in first trailer for 'The 33'
- 'Banshee' confirmed canceled after fourth season
- See EWwy campaign posters for the best dramatic actor nominees
- Netflix chief still 'thrilled' with Adam Sandler after 'Pixels' flop
- Uncle Jesse & Aunt Becky's twins will be on 'Fuller House' too
- Jason Segel gets serious playing David Foster Wallace in 'The End of the Tour'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!