No authentic emotion of any kind happens in this damp, Seattle-based romance, a fizzle for both stars. In Love Happens, Aaron Eckhart mimes the moods of a sad, slick motivational speaker with a specialty in grief counseling — a skill he developed after the death of his wife. Jennifer Aniston impersonates a perky, plucky singleton florist with a specialty in tilting her head inquisitively. The two mope and chirp around Seattle until finally, finally the moper releases a parrot into the wild (don’t ask) and kisses the chirper. Other stuff happens too, all of it strained and dull, with the exception of those scenes in which MVP character actor John Carroll Lynch steals the show as a grieving father. D
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Aaron Eckhart; Director: Brandon Camp; Author: Brandon Camp, Mike Thompson; Release Date Wide: 09/18/2009
Posted September 16 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!