No authentic emotion of any kind happens in this damp, Seattle-based romance, a fizzle for both stars. In Love Happens, Aaron Eckhart mimes the moods of a sad, slick motivational speaker with a specialty in grief counseling — a skill he developed after the death of his wife. Jennifer Aniston impersonates a perky, plucky singleton florist with a specialty in tilting her head inquisitively. The two mope and chirp around Seattle until finally, finally the moper releases a parrot into the wild (don’t ask) and kisses the chirper. Other stuff happens too, all of it strained and dull, with the exception of those scenes in which MVP character actor John Carroll Lynch steals the show as a grieving father. D
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Aaron Eckhart; Director: Brandon Camp; Author: Brandon Camp, Mike Thompson; Release Date Wide: 09/18/2009; Status: In Season
Posted September 16 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!