No authentic emotion of any kind happens in this damp, Seattle-based romance, a fizzle for both stars. In Love Happens, Aaron Eckhart mimes the moods of a sad, slick motivational speaker with a specialty in grief counseling — a skill he developed after the death of his wife. Jennifer Aniston impersonates a perky, plucky singleton florist with a specialty in tilting her head inquisitively. The two mope and chirp around Seattle until finally, finally the moper releases a parrot into the wild (don’t ask) and kisses the chirper. Other stuff happens too, all of it strained and dull, with the exception of those scenes in which MVP character actor John Carroll Lynch steals the show as a grieving father. D
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Aaron Eckhart; Director: Brandon Camp; Author: Brandon Camp, Mike Thompson; Release Date Wide: 09/18/2009
Posted September 16 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of SHIELD' return tells the birth of a superhero
- 'Fifty Shades of Wayne' replaces Christian Grey with, yes, Batman
- From 'People': Ellie Goulding joins 'The Voice' as Adam Levine's adviser
- Justin Bieber really wants Seth Rogen to roast him
- Christine Lahti cast opposite Terry O'Quinn in ABC's 'The Adversaries'
- Zachary Quinto remembers Leonard Nimoy as a 'father figure'
- Wilmer Valderrama signs on to Fox's 'Minority Report' pilot