No authentic emotion of any kind happens in this damp, Seattle-based romance, a fizzle for both stars. In Love Happens, Aaron Eckhart mimes the moods of a sad, slick motivational speaker with a specialty in grief counseling — a skill he developed after the death of his wife. Jennifer Aniston impersonates a perky, plucky singleton florist with a specialty in tilting her head inquisitively. The two mope and chirp around Seattle until finally, finally the moper releases a parrot into the wild (don’t ask) and kisses the chirper. Other stuff happens too, all of it strained and dull, with the exception of those scenes in which MVP character actor John Carroll Lynch steals the show as a grieving father. D
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Aaron Eckhart; Director: Brandon Camp; Author: Brandon Camp, Mike Thompson; Release Date Wide: 09/18/2009
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Scandal': Will Mellie actually win the election?
- 'Ultimate Survival Alaska' star Jimmy Gojdics dead at 69
- Super scientific study finds which drugs are most prominent at music festivals
- Beloved dead comedians to perform again via hologram
- Mark Ruffalo: Joss Whedon is a 'deeply committed feminist'
- 'The Last Man on Earth' names Dan Sterling as new showrunner
- Univision taps Bill Clinton for Upfront Q&A
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!