Food—and cash—seems to be raining down on Sony Pictures this weekend. The 3-D animated pic Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs topped the charts on Friday with an estimated $8.1 million for the day. That was far better then any of the other new releases that opened yesterday. Warner Bros. The Informant! grossed only $3.6 million for the day, just a bit above the $3.1 million earned by Tyler Perry’s I Can Do Bad All By Myself (now in its second weekend of release) and Universal Pictures’ Love Happens starring Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart, which earned an estimated $3 million for its opening day. The most unexpected news comes from the horror/comedy film Jennifer’s Body, which landed in the fifth spot on Friday—a big surprise since most predicted a second place finish for the Megan Fox-starrer. With only $2.8 million on Friday, the Diablo Cody-scripted drama is going to have a hard timing reaching that milestone. Check back here tomorrow for more details on the full weekend box office.
Posted September 19 2009 — 4:39 PM EDT
- WATCH: Building humanity into 'Rogue One' droid K-2SO
- Pokemon Go announcement teases Gen 2 Pokemon possibly coming soon
- Donald Trump set for 'Fox News Sunday' interview with Chris Wallace
- NFL star Steve Smith donned a Yoda costume at press conference
- Joe Jonas and 'Game of Thrones' star Sophie Turner are now dating
- Trailers From Hell takes on 'The Incredible Melting Man'
- Rihanna responds to Beyonce feud rumors in Instagram comment
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot