In Pandorum, spaceship crewmen Ben Foster and Dennis Quaid awaken from hyper-sleep in some distant corner of the galaxy to discover they have no memory of what they’re doing there. In addition, while they were slumbering in the Land of Hyper-Nod, their vessel has been overrun by homicidal albino ghouls. Are the monsters real or are our heroes suffering from ”pandorum,” a disease whose symptoms include shaking hands, bleeding noses, and going totally nuts? And, as a follow-up question, how brazenly can one film rip off Alien, I Am Legend, and, somewhat oddly, The Poseidon Adventure? As always, Foster sells the hell out of his role but non-sci-fi fans may well themselves be driven mad long before the end. C+
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Horror; Starring: Ben Foster, Dennis Quaid, Cam Gigandet; Director: Christian Alvart; Release Date Wide: 09/04/2009
Posted September 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!