In Pandorum, spaceship crewmen Ben Foster and Dennis Quaid awaken from hyper-sleep in some distant corner of the galaxy to discover they have no memory of what they’re doing there. In addition, while they were slumbering in the Land of Hyper-Nod, their vessel has been overrun by homicidal albino ghouls. Are the monsters real or are our heroes suffering from ”pandorum,” a disease whose symptoms include shaking hands, bleeding noses, and going totally nuts? And, as a follow-up question, how brazenly can one film rip off Alien, I Am Legend, and, somewhat oddly, The Poseidon Adventure? As always, Foster sells the hell out of his role but non-sci-fi fans may well themselves be driven mad long before the end. C+
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Horror; Starring: Ben Foster, Dennis Quaid, Cam Gigandet; Director: Christian Alvart; Release Date Wide: 09/04/2009
Posted September 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Star Wars' Live-stream with the cast of 'Rogue One'
- 'Supernatural' writer reveals 'Smallville' crossover that never happened
- 'Star Trek: Discovery': Bryan Fuller says he won't be involved
- '22 Jump Street' writer to pen spinoff about female cops
- 'Into the Badlands' season 2: Nick Frost joins martial arts drama
- Why Lynda Carter wasn't the Earth-1 POTUS of the Arrowverse
- WATCH: 'Rogue One' star Diego Luna describes meeting Darth Vader
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big