In Pandorum, spaceship crewmen Ben Foster and Dennis Quaid awaken from hyper-sleep in some distant corner of the galaxy to discover they have no memory of what they’re doing there. In addition, while they were slumbering in the Land of Hyper-Nod, their vessel has been overrun by homicidal albino ghouls. Are the monsters real or are our heroes suffering from ”pandorum,” a disease whose symptoms include shaking hands, bleeding noses, and going totally nuts? And, as a follow-up question, how brazenly can one film rip off Alien, I Am Legend, and, somewhat oddly, The Poseidon Adventure? As always, Foster sells the hell out of his role but non-sci-fi fans may well themselves be driven mad long before the end. C+
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Horror; Starring: Ben Foster, Dennis Quaid, Cam Gigandet; Director: Christian Alvart; Release Date Wide: 09/04/2009
Posted September 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt