In this serviceable sci-fi thriller set in a near future where imperfect humans stay home and program prettier robots to represent them out in the world, the moral is this: Be yourself, even if, in the case of Bruce Willis, it means accepting your male-pattern baldness. Willis stars in Surrogates as an FBI agent investigating irregularities in the lucrative surrogacy biz. Rosamund Pike plays his wife, who prefers things plastic and pretty. There’s fun robot stuff, some good philosophical ideas, and a brief, nutty Willis-Ving Rhames reunion 15 years after Pulp Fiction. B
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Bruce Willis, Radha Mitchell, Rosamund Pike, Ving Rhames; Director: Jonathan Mostow; Author: Michael Ferris; Release Date Wide: 09/25/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
Posted September 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jon Stewart gives Seth Rollins the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt--on WWE Raw
- First look: Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Edward Snowden
- Watch the first gameplay trailer for Harmonix's 'Amplitude'
- Kelly Clarkson + Jimmy Fallon in 11-duet medley
- From 'People': Suge Knight hospitalized again, says he 'can't really see'
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame
- From People: Texas man commemorates DressGate with tattoo of 'The Dress'