In this serviceable sci-fi thriller set in a near future where imperfect humans stay home and program prettier robots to represent them out in the world, the moral is this: Be yourself, even if, in the case of Bruce Willis, it means accepting your male-pattern baldness. Willis stars in Surrogates as an FBI agent investigating irregularities in the lucrative surrogacy biz. Rosamund Pike plays his wife, who prefers things plastic and pretty. There’s fun robot stuff, some good philosophical ideas, and a brief, nutty Willis-Ving Rhames reunion 15 years after Pulp Fiction. B
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Bruce Willis, Radha Mitchell, Rosamund Pike, Ving Rhames; Director: Jonathan Mostow; Author: Michael Ferris; Release Date Wide: 09/25/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
Posted September 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade