In this serviceable sci-fi thriller set in a near future where imperfect humans stay home and program prettier robots to represent them out in the world, the moral is this: Be yourself, even if, in the case of Bruce Willis, it means accepting your male-pattern baldness. Willis stars in Surrogates as an FBI agent investigating irregularities in the lucrative surrogacy biz. Rosamund Pike plays his wife, who prefers things plastic and pretty. There’s fun robot stuff, some good philosophical ideas, and a brief, nutty Willis-Ving Rhames reunion 15 years after Pulp Fiction. B
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Bruce Willis, Radha Mitchell, Rosamund Pike, Ving Rhames; Director: Jonathan Mostow; Author: Michael Ferris; Release Date Wide: 09/25/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
Posted September 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!