In this serviceable sci-fi thriller set in a near future where imperfect humans stay home and program prettier robots to represent them out in the world, the moral is this: Be yourself, even if, in the case of Bruce Willis, it means accepting your male-pattern baldness. Willis stars in Surrogates as an FBI agent investigating irregularities in the lucrative surrogacy biz. Rosamund Pike plays his wife, who prefers things plastic and pretty. There’s fun robot stuff, some good philosophical ideas, and a brief, nutty Willis-Ving Rhames reunion 15 years after Pulp Fiction. B
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Bruce Willis, Radha Mitchell, Rosamund Pike, Ving Rhames; Director: Jonathan Mostow; Author: Michael Ferris; Release Date Wide: 09/25/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
Posted September 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The Tao of Kenny Chesney
- Martin Short and Steve Martin goof around on 'The Tonight Show'
- 'Better Things': How Bridger Zadina prepped for a makeout scene
- Daisy Ridley on smashing glass ceilings with 'Eagle Huntress,' 'Star Wars'
- Ellen DeGeneres scares Ricky Gervais with a Donald Trump impersonator
- Julia Roberts asks fans to donate to GLSEN for her birthday
- 'Superstore': Colton Dunn talks onscreen rivalries in Halloween episode