In this serviceable sci-fi thriller set in a near future where imperfect humans stay home and program prettier robots to represent them out in the world, the moral is this: Be yourself, even if, in the case of Bruce Willis, it means accepting your male-pattern baldness. Willis stars in Surrogates as an FBI agent investigating irregularities in the lucrative surrogacy biz. Rosamund Pike plays his wife, who prefers things plastic and pretty. There’s fun robot stuff, some good philosophical ideas, and a brief, nutty Willis-Ving Rhames reunion 15 years after Pulp Fiction. B
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Bruce Willis, Radha Mitchell, Rosamund Pike, Ving Rhames; Director: Jonathan Mostow; Author: Michael Ferris; Release Date Wide: 09/25/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More