In this serviceable sci-fi thriller set in a near future where imperfect humans stay home and program prettier robots to represent them out in the world, the moral is this: Be yourself, even if, in the case of Bruce Willis, it means accepting your male-pattern baldness. Willis stars in Surrogates as an FBI agent investigating irregularities in the lucrative surrogacy biz. Rosamund Pike plays his wife, who prefers things plastic and pretty. There’s fun robot stuff, some good philosophical ideas, and a brief, nutty Willis-Ving Rhames reunion 15 years after Pulp Fiction. B
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Bruce Willis, Radha Mitchell, Rosamund Pike, Ving Rhames; Director: Jonathan Mostow; Author: Michael Ferris; Release Date Wide: 09/25/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
Posted September 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Comic-Con 2016: 'Family Guy' panel talks possible movie, 'Star Wars'
- 'Fantastic Beasts': Eddie Redmayne leads Comic-Con in casting spell
- WATCH: 'Timeless' stars deal with time travel physics
- WATCH: Grant Gustin shares pro-tips with Kid Flash Keiynan Lonsdale
- WATCH: 'Arrow' EP teases a return to season 1-type villainy
- ‘The Revenant’ bear storms Comic-Con: Adam Savage’s best costume yet?
- 'King Arthur' trailer shows new look at Charlie Hunnam's medieval hero