In this serviceable sci-fi thriller set in a near future where imperfect humans stay home and program prettier robots to represent them out in the world, the moral is this: Be yourself, even if, in the case of Bruce Willis, it means accepting your male-pattern baldness. Willis stars in Surrogates as an FBI agent investigating irregularities in the lucrative surrogacy biz. Rosamund Pike plays his wife, who prefers things plastic and pretty. There’s fun robot stuff, some good philosophical ideas, and a brief, nutty Willis-Ving Rhames reunion 15 years after Pulp Fiction. B
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Bruce Willis, Radha Mitchell, Rosamund Pike, Ving Rhames; Director: Jonathan Mostow; Author: Michael Ferris; Release Date Wide: 09/25/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
Posted September 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'Star Wars' toys revealed in 'Rogue One' stop-motion video
- 'Waco' miniseries starring Taylor Kitsch, Michael Shannon in the works
- Lauren Conrad has a girl crush on 'Game of Thrones' star Emilia Clarke
- Kerry Washington developing female police drama at ABC
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor