Bob Weinstein announced a new slate of Dimension films today, according to Variety. A former offshoot of Miramax, the production house went with the Weinstein Brothers in their 2005 split with the company they founded, and is now a subset of the Weinstein Company. In addition to Scream IV, slated to begin production next spring, the company plans to shoot Halloween III and remakes of Children of the Corn and Short Circut. Sequels to Hellraiser and Scanners are also in the works, both to be shot in 3-D, as is Robert Rodriguez’s next 3-D installment of the Spy Kids franchise. “I’m going back to what I do best,” Weinstein said of the upcoming projects.
Posted September 24 2009 — 9:35 PM EDT
- Mark Wahlberg feels 'celebrities did, do, and shouldn't' talk about politics
- Jennifer Lawrence blames her butt for almost killing 'Hunger Games’ crew
- Kanye West: 'Things are going better,' says Ryan Seacrest
- Patton Oswalt opens up about being a single father after wife's death
- Matthew Broderick debuts his very own Donald Trump impression
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen make for ultimate Charades team
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big