Leonardo DiCaprio is set to star in mystery The Deep Blue Goodbye, with Peter Chernin now coming on board to produce at 20th Century Fox, Variety reports. In the adaptation of the John D. MacDonald novel, DiCaprio will play Travis McGee, a beach bum who finds danger and romance as a “salvage consultant.” Chernin will also produce action thriller Man and Wife and female assassin story Queen & Country.
Posted September 29 2009 — 4:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': What's happened to Agent May?
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on Ghost Rider's surprising move
- Damian Lewis in talks to play the villain in 'Ocean's 8'
- 'Chicago Fire' creator breaks down episode 100's big surprises
- 'Suicide Squad' Honest Trailer takes aim at the 'worst heroes ever'
- Joe Biden clarifies 2020 presidential bid comments
- 'This Is Us': Chris Sullivan on that Toby cliffhanger in the winter finale
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans