When his moviemaker brother is found dead in an apparent suicide, returning World War II GI Ben Collier rushes to investigate, quickly finding that Tinseltown’s moral landscape isn’t quite as black-and-white as its films. As Ben peels back the layers of his brother’s life, and the Cold War commences, he becomes embroiled in a world of Red scares and blacklists. Jospeh Kanon’s prose in Stardust is eminently noir, all cigarette smoke and magnesium flashbulbs, and while it sometimes veers dangerously into arch imitation, it’s a fitting appropriation, using Hollywood’s own language to examine the guilt, artifice, and paranoia that once lurked behind the gauzy close-ups of the silver screen. B+
Stardust When his moviemaker brother is found dead in an apparent suicide, returning World War II GI Ben Collier rushes to investigate, quickly finding ...StardustFiction, Mystery and ThrillerJoseph Kanon When his moviemaker brother is found dead in an apparent suicide, returning World War II GI Ben Collier rushes to investigate, quickly finding ...2009-09-30Atria
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Joseph Kanon; Publisher: Atria
Posted September 30 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!