Warner Bros. is developing a stage musical based on children’s classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Sam Mendes may direct through his Neal Street Productions, which is producing the project. Scottish playwright David Greig is writing the book, while Hairspray’s Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman will compose the music.
Posted October 2 2009 — 4:00 AM EDT
- 'Heroes' alum Adrian Pasdar to guest-star on 'Rosewood'
- Oliver and Felicity get cozy in bed in new 'Arrow' sneak peek
- Swedish crime author Henning Mankell dead at 67
- How Taylor Swift assembled the '1989' tour's guest stars
- 'Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462' web series opens with a scream
- Selena Gomez announces 'Revival' tour
- Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger working on music together one month after separation