Court documents released to the media on Friday indicate that film director Roman Polanksi had reached a deal to pay his sexual assault victim Samantha Geimer $500,000 in October 1993, the Associated Press reports. The settlement terms, which stemmed from the felony case over the 1977 incident, were confidential - but the amount of the settlement was disclosed because of Polanski’s failure to pay the amount on time. Court records don’t indicate if Polanski ever paid or not; the last court filing in August 1996 showed Polanski owed Geimer over $600,000 including interest. The documents are coming to light after Polanski was arrested last weekend in Switzerland on a fugitive warrant in the case. Geimer was 13 at the time of the incident and sued Polanski in 1998 when she was 25.
Posted October 3 2009 — 4:00 AM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony