Former Republican congressman and current ‘Star’ Tom DeLay will announce his departure from season 9 of ABC’s Dancing With the Stars on tonight’s 9 p.m. results show, according to E!’s Malkin and People. Stress fractures in both of DeLay’s feet had recently turned serious enough for the show’s producers and medical staff to advise him not to perform in Monday night’s show; DeLay danced the samba with a sparkly elephant on the back of his jacket anyway. An ABC rep declined to comment to EW.
Posted October 6 2009 — 4:05 PM EDT
- Uber offering free 'Mad Max: Fury Road'-themed rides in Seattle
- How the faith-based drama 'War Room' became a sleeper hit
- 'The Unauthorized O.C. Musical': Ranking the musical numbers
- A fourth-grade teacher turned his classroom into the ultimate Kanye West tribute
- Wes Craven: A horror legend who pushed limits
- Miley Cyrus was 'cursing in anger' after Nicki Minaj VMA moment
- Lupita Nyong'o, Bernie Sanders among week 2 guests for Stephen Colbert
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!