Two of the fall TV season’s most promising dramas got a vote of confidence from CBS. The network has given full season orders to NCIS: LA and The Good Wife, two freshman series that have helped CBS to win the last three Tuesdays. The NCIS spinoff that focuses on undercover work in Los Angeles is the most watched new show so far of the 2009-10 TV season; it is averaging 17.47 million viewers and has won its time period among viewers and adults 25-54 over the last three weeks. The Good Wife starring Julianna Margulies is the second-most-watched new show of the season, averaging 13.7 million. It has also won its timeslot in viewers and key demos.
Posted October 7 2009 — 7:57 PM EDT
- Madonna calls out 'blatant sexism' in Billboard acceptance speech
- Arnold Schwarzenegger on Donald Trump: 'I want my ratings higher than his'
- WATCH: Patrick Wilson, Ian McShane face off in 'The Hollow Point' clip
- 'Days of our Lives' actor Joseph Mascolo dies at 87
- 'Ash vs Evil Dead': Bruce Campbell previews 'pretty big' season finale
- Shaquille O'Neal lip syncs Beyoncé's 'All Night'
- MSNBC anchor apologizes for saying Fox News held party at Trump hotel