David Letterman has been heavily criticized by the National Organization for Women for creating a “toxic work” environment, according to CNN. The criticism comes in the wake of the recent scandal in which an alleged blackmail attempt on the chat show host prompted Letterman to admit that he had conducted affairs with members of his staff. In a statement issued on Tuesday, the women’s group called on CBS “to recognize that Letterman’s behavior creates a toxic environment and to take action immediately to rectify this situation. With just two women on CBS’ board of directors, we’re not holding our breath.”
Posted October 8 2009 — 8:57 AM EDT
- 'Arrow' boss teases big reveals in winter finale
- 'A Series of Unfortunate Events': Netflix releases new trailer
- Best of 2016: 'Bates Motel' composer on scoring that major death scene
- 'This Is Us' creator says Christmas episode has 'dramatic, life-and-death weight'
- Matt Damon defends 'The Great Wall' casting amid whitewashing claims
- Oakland warehouse manager refuses to answer questions on 'TODAY'
- Bloody poster for thriller 'Raw' asks, 'What are you hungry for?'
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans