Australian actress Mia Wasikowska has scored the female lead role in Restless, director Gus Van Sant’s follow-up to Milk, EW.com has learned. Wasikowska, who’s perhaps best known as suicidal gymnast Sophie on HBO’s In Treatment, will appear as Alice in Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland next year. In Restless, written by first-time screenwriter Jason Lew, Wasikowska will play Annabel Cotton, a terminally ill 16-year-old who falls in love with a death-obsessed teenage boy. Ron Howard and his daughter Bryce Dallas Howard are co-producing the film for Columbia Pictures.
Posted October 8 2009 — 7:30 PM EDT
- 'The Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln on 'terrifying' Negan
- 'This Is Us' stays strong for second episode
- Chance the Rapper to perform at the National Christmas Tree Lighting
- Green Day, Common: Grading the week's best (and worst) singles
- Lin-Manuel Miranda to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Jon Favreau to direct a new adaptation of 'The Lion King'
- 'Magicians' series author Lev Grossman is writing a book about Camelot