Glee creator Ryan Murphy says he gets why NBC asked Macy’s to pull the cast of his Fox show out of its Thanksgiving Day parade: “I completely understand NBC’s position, and look forward to seeing a Jay Leno float,” he told EW.com. Sources said yesterday that NBC asked parade organizers to rescind an offer for the cast of the musical comedy to appear in the annual holiday event, which the network broadcasts. While the parade has featured performers from rival networks’ properties in the past – such as American Idol singers or High School Musical actors – sources said featuring an entire cast would amount to too much promotion.
Posted October 13 2009 — 9:57 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!