Glee creator Ryan Murphy says he gets why NBC asked Macy’s to pull the cast of his Fox show out of its Thanksgiving Day parade: “I completely understand NBC’s position, and look forward to seeing a Jay Leno float,” he told EW.com. Sources said yesterday that NBC asked parade organizers to rescind an offer for the cast of the musical comedy to appear in the annual holiday event, which the network broadcasts. While the parade has featured performers from rival networks’ properties in the past – such as American Idol singers or High School Musical actors – sources said featuring an entire cast would amount to too much promotion.
Posted October 13 2009 — 9:57 AM EDT
- 'Lost' composer Michael Giacchino is scoring 'Doctor Strange'
- 'Killing Reagan': Tim Matheson and Cynthia Nixon to play Ronald and Nancy
- Anthony Mackie on the importance of black superheroes
- 'Game of Thrones' releases cryptic description for 'The Door' episode
- 'The Good Wife' creators tease 'surprising but inevitable' finale
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Game of Thrones,' 'OUAT,' 'Grey's' and more
- Harry Styles chops off his hair for charity