Glee creator Ryan Murphy says he gets why NBC asked Macy’s to pull the cast of his Fox show out of its Thanksgiving Day parade: “I completely understand NBC’s position, and look forward to seeing a Jay Leno float,” he told EW.com. Sources said yesterday that NBC asked parade organizers to rescind an offer for the cast of the musical comedy to appear in the annual holiday event, which the network broadcasts. While the parade has featured performers from rival networks’ properties in the past – such as American Idol singers or High School Musical actors – sources said featuring an entire cast would amount to too much promotion.
Posted October 13 2009 — 9:57 AM EDT
- Sarah Jessica Parker: New HBO show isn't 'Sex and the City’
- 'The Larry Sanders Show' reruns returning to HBO this fall
- 'Stranger Things' cast and fans scared with even 'Stranger' prank
- HBO chief spars with critics over rape scenes
- Nick Cannon says he was hit with Mariah Carey diss on 'Wild 'N Out'
- 'True Detective' not dead yet, HBO insists
- Jimmy Fallon Snapchats Martha Stewart's cooking on 'The Tonight Show'