Glee creator Ryan Murphy says he gets why NBC asked Macy’s to pull the cast of his Fox show out of its Thanksgiving Day parade: “I completely understand NBC’s position, and look forward to seeing a Jay Leno float,” he told EW.com. Sources said yesterday that NBC asked parade organizers to rescind an offer for the cast of the musical comedy to appear in the annual holiday event, which the network broadcasts. While the parade has featured performers from rival networks’ properties in the past – such as American Idol singers or High School Musical actors – sources said featuring an entire cast would amount to too much promotion.
Posted October 13 2009 — 9:57 AM EDT
- 'Faking It' boss previews season 2B: New faces, dynamics, and that upcoming Karmy kiss
- Andy Grammer joins 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Liam Hemsworth to guest star on ABC's 'The Muppets'
- The Pretenders' Chrissie Hynde criticized for victim-blaming comments
- Wes Craven's in-development TV projects will continue 'in his honor and spirit'
- What's new on Netflix for September
- Obama to trek into wilderness with Bear Grylls
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!