When news broke of three-time Daytime Emmy-winner Jonathan Jackson’s return to General Hospital as Lucky Spencer on October 27, fans were abuzz. And why not? He’s the actor many of us fell in love with first as the on-the-run spawn of Luke and Laura Spencer, then as the stalwart love of beautiful Elizabeth Webber. It was his face we mourned when we thought Lucky had died in a fire. His return has us harkening back to the good old days of the Fab Four –Lucky, Elizabeth, Emily, and Nikolas. Emily may be killed off now but the other three (including the original Nikolas – Tyler Christopher) are embroiled in a love triangle…unbeknownst to Lucky. The departing Greg Vaughn has done an admirable job with a character who’s been written as earnest (he’s Johnny Law to his father’s rebel) if not the brightest bulb (a girlfriend’s fake pregnancy, Elizabeth’s carrying another man’s child). But there’s plenty of hope that Jackson, who’s been on shows like Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, will bring back the warm fuzzy feelings that many had for the show back when he was there.
Posted October 13 2009 — 5:26 PM EDT
- Mark Wahlberg feels 'celebrities did, do, and shouldn't' talk about politics
- Jennifer Lawrence blames her butt for almost killing 'Hunger Games’ crew
- Kanye West: 'Things are going better,' says Ryan Seacrest
- Patton Oswalt opens up about being a single father after wife's death
- Matthew Broderick debuts his very own Donald Trump impression
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen make for ultimate Charades team
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big