When news broke of three-time Daytime Emmy-winner Jonathan Jackson’s return to General Hospital as Lucky Spencer on October 27, fans were abuzz. And why not? He’s the actor many of us fell in love with first as the on-the-run spawn of Luke and Laura Spencer, then as the stalwart love of beautiful Elizabeth Webber. It was his face we mourned when we thought Lucky had died in a fire. His return has us harkening back to the good old days of the Fab Four –Lucky, Elizabeth, Emily, and Nikolas. Emily may be killed off now but the other three (including the original Nikolas – Tyler Christopher) are embroiled in a love triangle…unbeknownst to Lucky. The departing Greg Vaughn has done an admirable job with a character who’s been written as earnest (he’s Johnny Law to his father’s rebel) if not the brightest bulb (a girlfriend’s fake pregnancy, Elizabeth’s carrying another man’s child). But there’s plenty of hope that Jackson, who’s been on shows like Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, will bring back the warm fuzzy feelings that many had for the show back when he was there.
Posted October 13 2009 — 5:26 PM EDT
- Jeff Probst on the players he is surprised did not get voted into 'Survivor'
- Justin Timberlake and Jonathan Demme are making a 'space age music film'
- Everything you need to know about the 2015 MTV VMAs
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!