Survivor first-season winner Richard Hatch completed a federal sentence today for evading taxes on his winnings, according to the AP. He was freed shortly before 6 a.m. from a jail in Bourne, Mass. and was driven home by sheriff’s deputies to the apartment he shares with his sister in Rhode Island. He and his sister declined to comment to the media. Hatch also failed to pay taxes on $327,000 he earned as co-host of a Boston radio show, as well as $28,000 in income from rental property. He was convicted and sent to prison in 2006; the judge added extra prison time to his sentence after finding he had lied on the stand.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!