Survivor first-season winner Richard Hatch completed a federal sentence today for evading taxes on his winnings, according to the AP. He was freed shortly before 6 a.m. from a jail in Bourne, Mass. and was driven home by sheriff’s deputies to the apartment he shares with his sister in Rhode Island. He and his sister declined to comment to the media. Hatch also failed to pay taxes on $327,000 he earned as co-host of a Boston radio show, as well as $28,000 in income from rental property. He was convicted and sent to prison in 2006; the judge added extra prison time to his sentence after finding he had lied on the stand.
Posted October 16 2009 — 6:25 PM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!