Survivor first-season winner Richard Hatch completed a federal sentence today for evading taxes on his winnings, according to the AP. He was freed shortly before 6 a.m. from a jail in Bourne, Mass. and was driven home by sheriff’s deputies to the apartment he shares with his sister in Rhode Island. He and his sister declined to comment to the media. Hatch also failed to pay taxes on $327,000 he earned as co-host of a Boston radio show, as well as $28,000 in income from rental property. He was convicted and sent to prison in 2006; the judge added extra prison time to his sentence after finding he had lied on the stand.
Posted October 16 2009 — 6:25 PM EDT
- Gender-swapped 'Twilight'? Meet Beau and Edythe
- Cameron Monaghan talks about that shocking 'Gotham' twist
- ‘Furious 8’ director: Rating the most likely candidates
- Casting Net: Jamie Foxx is voicing an animated street-dancing mouse
- Most awkward 'Awkward' moments from 'Don't Dream It's Over'
- Hear Kurt Cobain's solo recording of 'Sappy'
- Owners of 'The Conjuring' house sue Warner Bros.