Survivor first-season winner Richard Hatch completed a federal sentence today for evading taxes on his winnings, according to the AP. He was freed shortly before 6 a.m. from a jail in Bourne, Mass. and was driven home by sheriff’s deputies to the apartment he shares with his sister in Rhode Island. He and his sister declined to comment to the media. Hatch also failed to pay taxes on $327,000 he earned as co-host of a Boston radio show, as well as $28,000 in income from rental property. He was convicted and sent to prison in 2006; the judge added extra prison time to his sentence after finding he had lied on the stand.
Posted October 16 2009 — 6:25 PM EDT
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday