One of the upsides to Amazing Race challenges being super-lame lately is that the dramatic pans from the challenge to the “silent local character holding the next clue” have seemed much more hilarious than usual. I can’t stop thinking about the native-to-Dubai polar bear who had to wait around during the Find/Build a Snowman Detour on last night’s show. His startled expression contrasted so beautifully with his immobility and Mt. Tedium’s near-total lack of suspense. Look at his baby blue scarf! Does anyone else have almost too-fond memories of this guy? Or which other international oddities have made an impression on you during Amazing Race? I smell a Colorful Local Characters EW.com photo gallery! (Not really.)
Posted October 19 2009 — 4:53 PM EDT
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!