Universal Pictures has put plans for one of Cate Blanchett’s next starring vehicles on indefinite hold, Variety reports. Indian Summer, a drama about the end of Great Britain’s colonial control of India, was to have begun filming early next year under director Joe Wright. Blanchett was set to play Edna Mountbatten, wife of the final Viceroy of the British Indian Empire. Budget concerns, logistical challenges, and creative differences with the present-day Indian government are all said to have played a role in the decision.
Posted October 20 2009 — 8:32 AM EDT
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- Get a sneak peek at this week's 'RWBY': Exclusive clip
- 'Return of the Living Dead' star Don Calfa dies at 76
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big