Nickelodeon, the kids channel owned by Viacom, has purchased the global property rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from the Mirage Group and 4Kids Entertainment for $60 million, according to Variety. The deal paves the way for Nick to start producing a CG-animated TV series for the heroes in a half shell. The show is scheduled to begin airing in 2012. Also planned for that year is a new Turtles feature film that will be released by Viacom’s Paramount Pictures.
Posted October 21 2009 — 7:51 PM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt