According to the Hollywood Reporter, ABC is working with Biggest Loser executive producer J.D. Roth for a new reality show, tentatively titled Obese, in which extremely overweight individuals lose hundreds of pounds over the course of a full year. The net has ordered eight one-hour episodes, scheduled to air in 2011. “This is a unique story that hasn’t been told yet,” Roth told THR. “There’s something great and transformative when you take the game element out of it and just focus on one man or woman over the course of a year and there’s no prize at the end.”
Posted October 22 2009 — 8:05 PM EDT
- Madonna fires back at BET after Twitter diss: 'I will shade you'
- Here's how Mindy Kaling pranked B.J. Novak on 'The Office'
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros host vow renewal at N.C. show
- Hugh Jackman congratulates class of 2016 with graduation throwback pic
- 'Kung Fury' director teases a sequel
- Stan Lee weighs in on the 'Captain America' Hydra twist
- Watch Lady Gaga ride with Mario Andretti at the Indianapolis 500
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers