According to the Hollywood Reporter, ABC is working with Biggest Loser executive producer J.D. Roth for a new reality show, tentatively titled Obese, in which extremely overweight individuals lose hundreds of pounds over the course of a full year. The net has ordered eight one-hour episodes, scheduled to air in 2011. “This is a unique story that hasn’t been told yet,” Roth told THR. “There’s something great and transformative when you take the game element out of it and just focus on one man or woman over the course of a year and there’s no prize at the end.”
Posted October 22 2009 — 8:05 PM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters