According to the Hollywood Reporter, ABC is working with Biggest Loser executive producer J.D. Roth for a new reality show, tentatively titled Obese, in which extremely overweight individuals lose hundreds of pounds over the course of a full year. The net has ordered eight one-hour episodes, scheduled to air in 2011. “This is a unique story that hasn’t been told yet,” Roth told THR. “There’s something great and transformative when you take the game element out of it and just focus on one man or woman over the course of a year and there’s no prize at the end.”
Posted October 22 2009 — 8:05 PM EDT
- Ranking Shania Twain's 37 singles in honor of her 50th birthday
- 'It Follows' director responds to Tarantino's criticism
- Kelly Clarkson covers Dolly Parton's 'Jolene'
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' cast reveals the players they are surprised got voted in
- Why Kim Dickens almost turned down 'Fear the Walking Dead'
- 5 Seconds of Summer explain how Third Eye Blind influenced their new album
- Quentin Tarantino and Kevin Smith talk about renting porn in new book excerpt
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!