According to the Hollywood Reporter, ABC is working with Biggest Loser executive producer J.D. Roth for a new reality show, tentatively titled Obese, in which extremely overweight individuals lose hundreds of pounds over the course of a full year. The net has ordered eight one-hour episodes, scheduled to air in 2011. “This is a unique story that hasn’t been told yet,” Roth told THR. “There’s something great and transformative when you take the game element out of it and just focus on one man or woman over the course of a year and there’s no prize at the end.”
Posted October 22 2009 — 8:05 PM EDT
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996