Thursday’s debut of Comedy Central’s new series The Jeff Dunham Show pulled in 5.3 million viewers, setting a record for a series premiere on the network. Dunham, a ventriloquist-comedian who has headlined three stand-up specials for Comedy Central, drew generally negative reviews for his variety show, which features such politically incorrect puppets as Achmed the Dead Terrorist and the redneck Bubba J. Nevertheless, the half-hour premiere led the network to its highest-rated night of the year.
Posted October 23 2009 — 6:12 PM EDT
- Dwayne Johnson has been milking his 'Sexiest Man Alive' title at home
- Kirk Douglas celebrates 100th birthday with lavish party
- Kesha delivers emotional 'Billboard' Trailblazer award speech
- Dwayne Johnson surprises military family and makes Jimmy Fallon cry
- Kids explain the story of Christmas for Jimmy Kimmel
- 'Rogue One' director says he stole the Death Star plans from set
- Trump slams 'Apprentice' producing reports as 'rediculous'