It’s still life and death for the students of Tulsa’s House of Night Vampyre Finishing School. But like the best teen dramas, Tempted’s issues are relatable: How does fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird juggle three guys? Can she really resist the bad boy, the fallen immortal Kalona? Is it faith or foolishness that makes you believe people can change? As always, the Casts — a mother-and-daughter writing team — will spark lots of discussions about free will. But their philosophizing goes on a bit too long, putting readers in a holding pattern even when Zoey and her gang are on the move. It’s only when they reach the killer cliffhanger that you’ll accuse them of moving too swiftly. B
Tempted It's still life and death for the students of Tulsa's House of Night Vampyre Finishing School. But like the best teen dramas, TemptedTemptedHorror, FictionKristin Cast, P.C. Cast It's still life and death for the students of Tulsa's House of Night Vampyre Finishing School. But like the best teen dramas, Tempted2009-10-23St. Martin's Griffin
Genre: Horror, Fiction; Author: Kristin Cast, P.C. Cast; Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Posted October 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony