Like a talented gallerist, filmmaker Jonathan Parker (Bartleby) curates a collection of fictional artists, composers, and assorted New York scenesters in (Untitled), his very funny, tolerant satire of contemporary art and its discontents. Adam Goldberg glowers effectively as a serious composer of maddeningly difficult music; the wonderful Marley Shelton glows with hilariously cool composure as a gallery owner who exhibits unendurable art pieces. Indeed, the whole cast is museum quality, and the ”music” performances are pitch-?perfect in their dissonance. A-
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Adam Goldberg, Marley Shelton, Eion Bailey, Vinnie Jones; Director: Jonathan Parker; Author: Catherine DiNapoli, Jonathan Parker; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted October 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set