Like a talented gallerist, filmmaker Jonathan Parker (Bartleby) curates a collection of fictional artists, composers, and assorted New York scenesters in (Untitled), his very funny, tolerant satire of contemporary art and its discontents. Adam Goldberg glowers effectively as a serious composer of maddeningly difficult music; the wonderful Marley Shelton glows with hilariously cool composure as a gallery owner who exhibits unendurable art pieces. Indeed, the whole cast is museum quality, and the ”music” performances are pitch-?perfect in their dissonance. A-
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Adam Goldberg, Marley Shelton, Eion Bailey, Vinnie Jones; Director: Jonathan Parker; Author: Catherine DiNapoli, Jonathan Parker; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!