Like a talented gallerist, filmmaker Jonathan Parker (Bartleby) curates a collection of fictional artists, composers, and assorted New York scenesters in (Untitled), his very funny, tolerant satire of contemporary art and its discontents. Adam Goldberg glowers effectively as a serious composer of maddeningly difficult music; the wonderful Marley Shelton glows with hilariously cool composure as a gallery owner who exhibits unendurable art pieces. Indeed, the whole cast is museum quality, and the ”music” performances are pitch-?perfect in their dissonance. A-
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Adam Goldberg, Marley Shelton, Eion Bailey, Vinnie Jones; Director: Jonathan Parker; Author: Catherine DiNapoli, Jonathan Parker; Release Date Limited: 10/23/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted October 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Exorcist' cast reveals creepy activity on series set
- 'Edge of Tomorrow 2' is 'a sequel that's a prequel,' director says
- Destiny's Child fans freak out over new official Instagram account
- Preview Stephen King's children's book 'Charlie the Choo-Choo'
- Leslie Odom Jr. performs Sara Bareilles’ powerful election anthem
- 'This Is Us' star Chrissy Metz on Kate's reveal about Jack
- Kid Cudi responds to Drake diss: 'Say it to my face'