Like a talented gallerist, filmmaker Jonathan Parker (Bartleby) curates a collection of fictional artists, composers, and assorted New York scenesters in (Untitled), his very funny, tolerant satire of contemporary art and its discontents. Adam Goldberg glowers effectively as a serious composer of maddeningly difficult music; the wonderful Marley Shelton glows with hilariously cool composure as a gallery owner who exhibits unendurable art pieces. Indeed, the whole cast is museum quality, and the ”music” performances are pitch-?perfect in their dissonance. A-
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Adam Goldberg, Marley Shelton, Eion Bailey, Vinnie Jones; Director: Jonathan Parker; Author: Catherine DiNapoli, Jonathan Parker; Release Date Limited: 10/23/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted October 23 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor
- Linklater taps Bryan Cranston, Steve Carell, Laurence Fishburne for next film
- Chris Brown arrested on suspicion of assault with deadly weapon
- Miley Cyrus' homeless date to 2014 VMAs puts Moonman trophy on eBay
- 'Jurassic World' exhibit will feature life-size animatronic dinosaurs