Kenny Ortega is no longer on board to direct the Footloose remake, Variety reports. Ortega reportedly left the project over creative and budgetary issues with Paramount Pictures. Sources said that Ortega wanted to make a music-heavy $30 million project, while Paramount was pushing for an edgier drama coming in at $25 million. Variety says the studio will start looking for a new director on Monday, and hopes to still be on track for a March shoot, to coincide with star Chace Crawford’s break from shooting Gossip Girl. Ortega, who choreographed Dirty Dancing and directed the hit High School Musical films, directed the Michael Jackson concert film This Is It, which opens Wednesday.
Posted October 25 2009 — 5:04 PM EDT
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big