With low-budget horror hit Paranormal Activity now at the top of the box office, Paramount is eyeing a sequel, the Los Angeles Times reports. “We have the rights on a worldwide basis to do Paranormal 2 and we’re looking to see if that makes some sense,” Paramount Chairman Brad Grey told the Times. The horror film, made for just $15,000 and acquired by Paramount for $300,000, has made $62.5 million so far and industry players expect it to cross $100 million.
Posted October 25 2009 — 2:16 PM EDT
- 'Please Like Me' finds U.S. home
- Lin-Manuel Miranda's amazing 2016, in GIFs
- Tomi Lahren responds to backlash over 'friendship' with Trevor Noah, Charlamagne
- Adele, Channing Tatum make YouTube's top trending videos of 2016
- 'GoT' vs. 'TWD': Which show has the higher kill count?
- Tina Fey on Trump-Baldwin Twitter feud: 'It just makes me feel sick'
- Netflix reveals the most popular TV and movies binge pairings
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot