Madonna will visit Lilongwe, the capital city of Malawi, to take part in a ground-breaking ceremony for a new school she is funding there today, CNN reports. The Raising Malawi Academy for Girls will seek to improve opportunities for young women. All four of Madonna’s children reportedly accompanied her to Lilongwe, including David Banda, 4, and Chifundo “Mercy” James, 3, whom she adopted from Malawi.
Posted October 26 2009 — 5:55 AM EDT
- Tim Miller on his 'Deadpool 2' exit: 'Don't believe what you read'
- Carrie Fisher feels 'guilty' over publicity of Harrison Ford affair
- Dwayne Johnson has been milking his 'Sexiest Man Alive' title at home
- Kirk Douglas celebrates 100th birthday with lavish party
- Kesha delivers emotional 'Billboard' Trailblazer award speech
- Dwayne Johnson surprises military family and makes Jimmy Fallon cry
- Kids explain the story of Christmas for Jimmy Kimmel