As expected, the new Avatar trailer is drawing both praise and criticism. But one thing is certain: this three-minute tease gives audiences some context as to what’s really going on in James Cameron’s latest could-be masterpiece. But what took so long to get here? Sure, I get how all the effects weren’t ready until recently, but what the first trailer lacked was some introduction into what the story was all about (not to mention answers on who were those crazy-looking blue creatures and why Sam Worthington got to live inside one). Insiders tell me the creative minds at Fox have been living with this film for more than two years and after releasing the first footage, they realized they needed to step back and give moviegoers some more information - fill in the gaps, if you will - that was left out from the initial teaser trailer. The studio has also been very calculating in how they debut all of the Avatar footage (the film opens on Dec. 18). The latest trailer went up last weekend in theaters only and just debuted online yesterday. It’ll hit TV on Sunday for NFL football and Game 4 of the World Series after it shows up on the Dallas Cowboys’ enormous jumbo-tron during its game against the Seattle Seahawks. Sports fans, is this movie for you?
Posted October 30 2009 — 4:53 PM EDT
- Emma Stone leads a very bad theatre showcase in 'SNL' sketch
- 'SNL' and Emma Stone give Christmas candles a holiday theme song
- 'Saturday Night Live' searches for Hillary Clinton in the woods
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big