Proving once again that Hollywood’s latest mining opportunity is the well of classic toys and board games moviegoers loved as kids, Sony Pictures has acquired the rights to make a feature film from board game Risk. Hasbro Entertainment now holds serious cachet in Hollywood after the successes of the Transformers franchise and G.I. Joe.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Trial begins for 'Dark Knight Rises' shooter James Holmes
- Pick Your Battles: A round-up of EW's exclusive 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' reports
- Amy Winehouse's family unhappy with documentary about her
- 'The Mentalist': Watch a supercut of Patrick and Teresa's romance
- Try not to dance to On An On's 'It's Not Over' -- exclusive
- Peep inside Brandon Flowers' 'Lonely Town' video
- Watch Mr. Feeny, Eric Matthews, and Shawn Hunter return on 'Girl Meets World'