Beyonce was the big winner at the 2009 MTV Europe Music Awards, held tonight at the O2 Arena in Berlin. The pop star took home prizes for Best Female, Best Song (“Halo”), and Best Video (“Single Ladies”). Other winners included Jay-Z for Best Urban, Eminem for Best Male, and Lady Gaga for Best New Act. U2, who performed “Sunday Bloody Sunday” at the Brandenburg Gate as part of the show’s commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, were honored as Best Live Act.
Posted November 5 2009 — 9:56 PM EST
- Hold onto your suitcase! Unlocking 'Fantastic Beasts' theories
- What to Watch Wednesday: 'Shut Eye' debuts on Hulu
- Chris Pratt and Jimmy Fallon do a Christmas-themed Mad Libs
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': What's happened to Agent May?
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on Ghost Rider's surprising move
- Damian Lewis in talks to play the villain in 'Ocean's 8'
- 'Chicago Fire' creator breaks down episode 100's big surprises
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans