So I’m (technically) on vacation today, and my colleague Ken Tucker is handling recap duties for last night’s Manny-centric Modern Family. Click here to check out his take, but in the interim, I had to share my five favorite lines from “En Garde.” In descending order (drumroll please) they are:
5) “I saw a ghost.” –Luke, failing to help Phil seal the deal on his real-estate sale
4) “Cam, no!” (needs no explanaysh)
3) “Haley is so pretty. So she can meet someone who’s the best at something.” –Phil, pondering his not-so-bright daughter’s future
2) Gloria explaining Manny’s natural aptitude for fencing: “It’s in his blood. His father was a master swordsman. He was an artist with his sword! I mean, the way he throws the sword, I mean, he was legendary.”
1) “I’m fairly confident that Dad’s proudest moment was when you finally took off the flame-red unitard.” –Claire, discussing the end of Mitchell’s skating career
What did you think of last night’s show? Did I miss anyone’s favorite quips? Then by all means, share below!