Anna Kendrick is lucky. She’s part of the wildly successful Twilight franchise (The Twilight Saga: New Moon opens Nov. 20) but can still leave her house without a throng of screaming fans on her tail. She also got to tour around the Midwest with George Clooney for Up in the Air (opening Dec. 4); her role as a fast-talking corporate go-getter is even generating Oscar buzz. ”My character is so rare,” says Kendrick, 24. ”She doesn’t have sex with anybody. She doesn’t revolve around the boy. She’s smart and complicated and really messed up.” Up in the Air director/co-writer Jason Reitman penned the part with Kendrick in mind after seeing her play a hyperarticulate debate star in 2007’s Rocket Science. But she’d been attracting attention long before then. At age 12, she became the second-youngest Tony nominee ever for High Society. Kendrick, who just wrapped Scott Pilgrim vs. the World opposite Michael Cera, worries that Up in the Air might have spoiled her for the future. ”I’m going to have to deal with a lot of characters that revolve around a guy or just aren’t that well-rounded,” she says. That is, unless Reitman writes another part for her. ”C’mon, Reitman! Get on that.”
Posted November 6 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- Emily Ratajkowski is over 'Blurred Lines': 'It's the bane of my existence'
- Janet Jackson shares powerful new single, 'Unbreakable'
- ESPN extends Curt Schilling's suspension through MLB season
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!