Producers Arthur E. Friedman and Steven Jay Rubin are developing a biopic of Audie Murphy, Variety reports. They have acquired the rights to Don Graham’s biography No Name on the Bullet. Murphy was one of America’s youngest soldiers to see combat. He later starred as himself in To Hell and Back and also starred in other films including The Red Badge of Courage, The Quiet American and A Time for Dying. His son Terry Murphy is also on board for the project.
Posted November 6 2009 — 4:00 AM EST
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony