VH1’s Sex Rehab With Dr. Drew might be the most voyeuristic show on television. Like Celebrity Rehab, it features vaguely famous folks — a rock drummer, porn stars — under the care of Dr. Drew. It aims for gravitas, with the good doctor lecturing them about STDs and drawing out intimate revelations about sexual abuse and rape. But putting a bunch of attractive professional spotlight-seekers together in a house with other hot sex addicts and cameras hardly seems the best way to get these folks to kick their addiction. The fun of watching reality TV with ”lessons” (Supernanny, Wife Swap) is waiting for wackiness to ensue — an element that simply has no business here. Just because the exhibitionism is voluntary doesn’t mean we should watch.
Posted November 6 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jennifer Hudson's 'Hairspray Live!' performance had celebs cheering
- Relive 'Hairspray Live!' with all the best GIFs
- Jennifer Lopez teases 'Bye Bye Birdie,' NBC's next live musical
- Kristin Davis thinks the 'Sex and the City' story is 'not finished'
- The Weeknd will perform on 'The Voice' season finale
- 'Jeopardy!' contestant dies from cancer week before her episode airs
- 'Hairspray Live!' featured cameos from two former Tracys
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot