Keith Lewis, the executive director of Miss California USA, has issued a response to Still Standing, the memoir written by former Miss California USA Carrie Prejean. “Unfortunately, Ms. Prejean has once again taken us away from preparing for the upcoming 2010 Miss California USA pageant on Nov. 22,” the statement reads. “Her book is full of inaccuracies and outright lies. We are considering all legal options, but remain committed to the business of beauty. Ms. Prejean was fired because of breach of contract and her most recent admission is only further proof that our decision was not optional but mandatory.” Prejean, currently embarking on a media blitz to promote the book, criticized the organization in her memoir.
Posted November 10 2009 — 7:09 PM EST
- 'Game of Thrones' star Maisie Williams: 'It's time to wrap this up'
- Nate Parker comments on rape trial controversy in Ebony interview
- 'Beauty and the Beast' photos reveal Cogsworth, Lumière, and the Prince
- 'Luke Cage' clip: Marvel's Harlem hero doesn't sweat bullets
- Kanye West's 'Famous' is now an art exhibit
- Justin Moore tells off unruly fan at Chicago concert
- 14 movies to watch on Netflix before they expire