Keith Lewis, the executive director of Miss California USA, has issued a response to Still Standing, the memoir written by former Miss California USA Carrie Prejean. “Unfortunately, Ms. Prejean has once again taken us away from preparing for the upcoming 2010 Miss California USA pageant on Nov. 22,” the statement reads. “Her book is full of inaccuracies and outright lies. We are considering all legal options, but remain committed to the business of beauty. Ms. Prejean was fired because of breach of contract and her most recent admission is only further proof that our decision was not optional but mandatory.” Prejean, currently embarking on a media blitz to promote the book, criticized the organization in her memoir.
Posted November 10 2009 — 7:09 PM EST
- 'Edward Scissorhands' 25th anniversary Blu-ray: EW exclusive details
- Demi Lovato: 'Summer' turns into fall
- The Roots play 'Rappers Delight' with the Philadelphia Mayor for Fourth of July
- John Oliver's Shallow Dive: 15 topics in 60(-ish) seconds
- Miley Cyrus cameos as a skateboarding heartthrob on 'Stone Quackers'
- Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle': Watch livestream of episodes 1 and 2 from Comic-Con only at EW
- Miguel: How Prince, sex and late-nights in L.A. inspired his killer new album
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!