Keith Lewis, the executive director of Miss California USA, has issued a response to Still Standing, the memoir written by former Miss California USA Carrie Prejean. “Unfortunately, Ms. Prejean has once again taken us away from preparing for the upcoming 2010 Miss California USA pageant on Nov. 22,” the statement reads. “Her book is full of inaccuracies and outright lies. We are considering all legal options, but remain committed to the business of beauty. Ms. Prejean was fired because of breach of contract and her most recent admission is only further proof that our decision was not optional but mandatory.” Prejean, currently embarking on a media blitz to promote the book, criticized the organization in her memoir.
Posted November 10 2009 — 7:09 PM EST
- Chris Hemsworth pledges support for Dakota Access Pipeline protest
- Jake Johnson says he's not in the 'Jurassic World' sequel
- 'Happy Endings' creator teases new script: 'One of the friends dies'
- 'The Bachelor': Nick Viall suits up for first promo
- WATCH: 'Outlander' scoop: How Claire almost killed Dougal in Season 2
- 'The Walking Dead': What if Glenn lived? Steven Yeun speculates
- 'Great British Baking Show' hosts line up new gig