British commercial photographer Peter Rodger took his camera — and a crew to document him using his camera — around the world like a well-connected dilettante, asking people the uselessly vague question ”What is God?” There’s no explanation in Oh My God? of how Rodger selected his interviewees: Why was he on the set of Australia, getting spiritual insights from Hugh Jackman? Or on the doorsteps of any of the random respondents who opine (when they weren’t wandering off into unrelated commentary about conflict in the Middle East)? The answers he strings together are babble in this superficial vanity documentary. Nice shots of awesome, God-approved scenery, though. D
EARTH, SKY, SEXIEST MAN ALIVE Hugh Jackman handsomely ponders divinity in Oh My God
Starring: Hugh Jackman, Seal, Ringo Starr; Director: Peter Rodger; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 11 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!