Despite its dated lingo, thrift-shop fashions, and schmaltzy Peter Gabriel soundtrack, there?s something timeless about the romance between lovable loser Lloyd Dobler and brainy beauty Diane Court. Obviously, you can catch Say Anything on TV any time, so the EXTRAS are the real reason to pick up the re-issue: an interview with writer/director Cameron Crowe, an alternate version of the iconic boombox scene with a Fishbone song instead of ”In Your Eyes,” and a fantastic (but not new) commentary with Crowe, John Cusack, and Ione Skye. A-
SAY ANYTHING John Cusack makes the most romantic gesture in cinema history (GRACIE/KOBAL COLLECTION)
Starring: John Cusack, John Mahoney, Ione Skye; Director: Cameron Crowe; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted November 11 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'