Despite its dated lingo, thrift-shop fashions, and schmaltzy Peter Gabriel soundtrack, there?s something timeless about the romance between lovable loser Lloyd Dobler and brainy beauty Diane Court. Obviously, you can catch Say Anything on TV any time, so the EXTRAS are the real reason to pick up the re-issue: an interview with writer/director Cameron Crowe, an alternate version of the iconic boombox scene with a Fishbone song instead of ”In Your Eyes,” and a fantastic (but not new) commentary with Crowe, John Cusack, and Ione Skye. A-
SAY ANYTHING John Cusack makes the most romantic gesture in cinema history (GRACIE/KOBAL COLLECTION)
Starring: John Cusack, John Mahoney, Ione Skye; Director: Cameron Crowe; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted November 11 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Saoirse Ronan struggles with homesickness in the first clip from 'Brooklyn'
- Joe Biden to stop by as guest on 'Late Show'
- Vincent Cassel joins cast of the next 'Bourne' film
- Josh Gad gets thumbs-up to play Roger Ebert in Russ & Roger
- Here's what the critics are saying about 'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain'
- Need to catch 'Empire'? Fox airing a full-season marathon on Labor Day
- 'The View': Rosie Perez says she would return for a 'visit'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!