Style (with a structural nod to Sliding Doors) is the story in Uncertainty, a high-concept tale from The Deep End’s writer-directors, Scott McGehee and David Siegel: An attractive young couple is simultaneously embroiled in a jittery Manhattan urban thriller involving a found cell phone (and the color yellow) and a languid Brooklyn relationship quandary involving a found dog (and the color green). Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Lynn Collins are so interesting that it’s easy to put up with the decision-making dithering that goes along with the title. And both boroughs look great. (Also available on cable via on demand) B+
MANHATTAN MELODRAMA Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Lynn Collins blur the lines in Uncertainty
Starring: Lynn Collins, Joseph Gordon-Levitt; Director: Scott McGehee, David Siegel; Author: Scott McGehee, David Siegel; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 11 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Did the 'Fear the Walking Dead' season finale satisfy?
- See the new trailer for Martin Scorsese's HBO series, 'Vinyl'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine': The 9 best lines from 'The Funeral'
- How 'Blindspot' is hiding more clues in plain sight
- Goo Goo Dolls announce 'A Boy Named Goo' 20th anniversary release
- Britney Spears cameos at Kate Hudson's game night
- Selma Blair on her 'American Crime Story' role: ‘I happen to love Kris Jenner’