Style (with a structural nod to Sliding Doors) is the story in Uncertainty, a high-concept tale from The Deep End’s writer-directors, Scott McGehee and David Siegel: An attractive young couple is simultaneously embroiled in a jittery Manhattan urban thriller involving a found cell phone (and the color yellow) and a languid Brooklyn relationship quandary involving a found dog (and the color green). Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Lynn Collins are so interesting that it’s easy to put up with the decision-making dithering that goes along with the title. And both boroughs look great. (Also available on cable via on demand) B+
MANHATTAN MELODRAMA Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Lynn Collins blur the lines in Uncertainty
Starring: Lynn Collins, Joseph Gordon-Levitt; Director: Scott McGehee, David Siegel; Author: Scott McGehee, David Siegel; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 11 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'