Style (with a structural nod to Sliding Doors) is the story in Uncertainty, a high-concept tale from The Deep End’s writer-directors, Scott McGehee and David Siegel: An attractive young couple is simultaneously embroiled in a jittery Manhattan urban thriller involving a found cell phone (and the color yellow) and a languid Brooklyn relationship quandary involving a found dog (and the color green). Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Lynn Collins are so interesting that it’s easy to put up with the decision-making dithering that goes along with the title. And both boroughs look great. (Also available on cable via on demand) B+
MANHATTAN MELODRAMA Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Lynn Collins blur the lines in Uncertainty
Starring: Lynn Collins, Joseph Gordon-Levitt; Director: Scott McGehee, David Siegel; Author: Scott McGehee, David Siegel; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 11 2009 — 12:00 AM EST
- The year in Shondaland: A look back with Shonda Rhimes & her leading ladies
- Colbert tackles Thanksgiving controversies on 'The Late Show'
- New 'Star Wars' spot returns us to last year's teaser
- Uzo Aduba explains what it's like to perform alongside Taylor Swift
- Jimmy Fallon and Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary'
- James Corden: Don't deep-fry a turkey today
- Is there a 'Blacklist' baby on the way?